Thursday, February 26, 2009

petite anecdote

I was just talking to Ani and was reminiscing about the American food we miss. I miss cheddar cheese. She wants some good ol' French Onion soup.

Speaking of soup (which is why I'm writing), I forgot to tell you about the very....interesting soup I ate sometime last week, I believe. It was light green and thick. It was made out of "pomme de terre" and "petits pois" (potatoes and green peas). Puréed. Talk about looking like baby food?!??! I ate it, as I had no other choice, and it tasted okay...But seriously? That was probably the lamest meal I've had here so far. Puréed potatoes and green peas??? WHERE'S THE REAL SOUP, PEOPLE!?!?

I'll tell you! It's not here. La soupe n'existe pas en France!!!!!! Give me some vegetable beef or vegetarian vegetable soup ANY DAY. Oh my goodness. And Ramen noodles? If you're a poor college student, don't expect to find these in France at a decent cost or with any normal flavors. When I say "decent cost," I mean it costs nearly a euro for ONE. The French are weird. Sure, the rest of their food is pretty darn good, but if you want any sort of soup, forget about it!

Okay, à plus tard. :)
♥
jh

No comments:

Post a Comment