Wow wow wow wow wow my week was long! I was very unhappy and perdue (lost) all of Monday and half of Tuesday, but then after talking with my Langue professor, I have felt so much better. I've thought a LOT this week and it's put me in a pretty awesome place, I must say.
I haven't felt homesick for days and I feel happy all the time. Revelations suck when they happen, but once you figure out what to do with them, life becomes so much better.
I had two tests on Thursday and didn't even realize it, but I didn't freak out at all. I finished my HUGE literature assignment, again without freaking out, and I have just felt amazing. Friday afternoon/evening after Literature, Ani, Maria and I went to see the French film "De l'autre côté du lit" (lit. from the other side of the bed - American title is "Changing Sides") with Sophie Marceau and Dany Boon. Marceau is one of the most amazing actresses EVER. I love everything I've ever seen her in, and I've only seen the recent stuff! I thought Audrey Tautou was my favorite French actress, but now I have to say it's most definitely Sophie Marceau. Absolutely astonishing talent, that woman.
Anyway, after the film, Ani and I went to eat dinner and Maria went home. We ate at some place called "Au Bureau" in Place du Ralliment in Centre-Ville. The food was pretty good. I ordered a croque-monsieur with fries and a salad, had Coteaux du Layon to drink, and mint chocolate ice cream for dessert. The service, however, was HORRIBLE. From our time of entrance and seating to the time we actually left, it was over 2.5 hours. I will never go back there. Mioko joined us for dessert and after we all finished, we went to the Soft Bar for drinks. I ordered a Sex on the Beach, but it most definitely wasn't one. For one, I could taste the alcohol (a tell-tale sign!) and it didn't cost 5 euros (only 2). I finished it, of course while grimacing, and got Ani to get me 2 more Sex on the Beaches over the course of the night. Ani and Mioko kept making fun of me and laughing at nearly everything I said because I was apparently a funny drunk. I was not even drunk! I told Ani that if I could still see straight, I wasn't drunk, and nothing was even remotely spinning! On my way home, I sent Ani a text that said something like, "I can still see straight! Tout va bien!" (All is well) and the next thing I know, she was calling me, laughing, "Uh Julia, I don't think things are well if you can't see straight!" I told her that apparently SHE was the drunk one if she thought my text said that I couldn't see straight. Ani was drunk and couldn't read my text properly. Is that the pot calling the kettle black or what?!?! HAHAHAHAHA What a fun night.
Yesterday, Ani and I went to Espace Anjou (mall). I found two SUPER SUPER cute dresses at Promod - my favorite French clothing line! and nicely priced - and I also found sunflower seeds at the Géant Casino (type of supermarket very similar to Target and Walmart). I bought 5 huge bags of them because I don't know when I'll have the chance to get back over there. I am quite content with my snack purchases there. Yum yum. :)
Today has been very relaxed and at some point I really need to study for my Phonetics test tomorrow. Thank goodness it's the only class I have!!!!!! Yay, but then lots of homework for Langue and who knows what else.
I really really love it here - so much so that I'm wondering about the 1 year position as an English teacher after I graduate...Victoria is going to be glad to hear it. :)
♥,
your little Angevine. :)
ps - for real this time, I have honestly fallen in love with France. My post a while back was during my "honeymoon period" and before everything fell apart. Now that I have picked myself back up, I am happy. I don't miss home. This feels like home and I am so happy about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment