Sunday, January 25, 2009

theme parks

Okay, so I just realized that one thing I haven't yet looked at in Europe, in general, is theme parks. Hello!??! I am a roller coaster FIEND and I love riding them. I love the thrill; I love the sheer terror (because I'm weird). So, here's to finding the best of Europe and going to as many as possible!

I know of Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England. Apparently it's one of the highest ranked parks in Europe and has some of the most amazing roller coasters. Hopefully I can make it there!

There's PortAventura in Spain (I think? I'm looking at a Times online article). The big ride is something called Dragon Khan in the China area.

Then, Gardaland in Italy. The best attractions are Atlantis and Blue Tornado. Must look into what types of attractions they are.

Efteling, Holland. Best attractions are Python and Dream Flight. Must also look into which types of attractions they are. I'm going to coasters, here, y'all! :)

Europa-Park, Germany. Several awesome rides here, including the Silver Star, the largest coaster in Europe. Plus it's near the France, Germany, Switzerland borders, so it's not terribly far away like some of the others. Oh and this is located in the "Black Forest," which I think my grandfather might have gone to at some point because my sister ended up with a wicked awesome cool cuckoo clock from there, which needs to be fixed. Hmmm. haha.

Disneyland Resort, Paris???? Seriously? Guess I have to hit it up, as it's ranked pretty high in this Times online article. However, long queues and "highly assertive crowds." Whatever THAT means.

I swear I saw a special on the Travel Channel several years back that had this AWESOME coaster that dropped nearly straight down into darkness, but I don't remember where it was, and I certainly don't remember what it was called.

COOL. There's a Legoland in Germany! Maybe the park I remember was in Hanover? Called Serengeti? I remember it starting with an H. Maybe I'll look into that. Oh wait, nevermind, it's a zoo-safari-ish type place. Zut. Something called Phantasialand looks somewhat promising. It has something called the "Black Mamba" (snake? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek), which has lots of inversions and stuff. And the Talocan. Something about dangling feet? Yay suspended roller coasters! :) It's located in the "heart of the Rhineland," but I have no idea where that is...I really wish I could find that roller coaster that dropped into "the abyss." Maybe it was called the Abyss? Doubt it. My memory isn't THAT good.

Okay, well enough roller coaster stuff for now. I'm sure you're terrified of the thought of even getting on one (as am I, but the thrill and adrenaline supersedes all in the end).

☮, ♥, roller coasters,
jh

No comments:

Post a Comment