Well, I'm sitting here watching Gilmore Girls - Season 2! I love this show...but I guess I should focus on study abroad stuff, yes?
I have to go to the consulate IN PERSON. Stupid French government. I swear that they are insane! All the rules to stay in the country longer than 90 days, darn it. Grr, and the paperwork required just to apply for the visa! I can't believe all the forms and proof of whatever required! Finances, school enrollment, my passport, 2 "passport size" pictures - which means I have to retake them, dang it! - proof of medical insurance. Geez the list goes on and on.
Anyway, I'd rather blog about important Frenchieland details! My flight leaves to Philly 31/1/2009 around 5 something (evening), arrives and departs for Paris (OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) just after 9pm. So then I arrive in Paris (again, OMG!!!!!!) around 10:30am, 1/2/2009. ***Note about the weird date thingy - well, that's how they write the date everywhere other than the US so I might as well get used to it. And I guess I should start telling time 24 hours instead of am/pm. Darn it. The date thing is dd/mm/yyyy. Wooo!
Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to stay in Paris from the 1st through the 4th, which is when I leave to Angers by train. Oh and I have to buy train tickets to Angers! Wonder when I'm supposed to do that. Hmmm. Better ask Kevin or Amanda. But I haven't decided what I'll do in Paris for a few days. Suppose the classics? Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Luxembourg Gardens...gotta find other places to go that are good and more off the wall. The previous lists are so...touristy and cliché. Can't be so American. I have to be French for 4.5 months! Wooo I get to be Frenchified. Holla holla! Okay anyway. On to other things.
I should start researching more about Angers; what's around, the best places to eat, to shop, to mingle, etc. Updates will be posted accordingly and will most definitely not bore you to death! (At least I hope not!) I wish I had my housing assignment. That'd come in handy so I could figure out where in the world, er, Angers, I am living for 4.5 months.
OMG! I AM GOING TO FRANCE! Finally. I just can't believe it!!!! EEEEK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment